About This Tour
Duration: 1 day
Location: Paramaribo, Suriname
Product Code: 36489P16
Suriname has a rich history full of tragedy and pain, but also hope and joy. The tour will take you across various places in the city. You will visit remnants of the old colonial period such as Fort Zeelandia and the statue of Kwakoe, a symbol of the slaves that fought themselves to freedom. For people who have just arrived in Suriname, this is the perfect tour to familiarize yourself with past and modern culture.
- 8.30 hr - Departure @ 't VAT (Klein Waterstraat / Kleine Dwarsstraat)
- 9.00 hr - You will have a 4 hour walk around the city visiting different kinds of historic buildings, statues and museums.
- Buildings like the Mosque and the synagogue which are next to each other.
- Fort Zeelandia
- The Presidential palace
- The Palmgarden
- The Waterfront
- You will see different kind of statues that are spread out through the city
- You will also visit the central market where you can find a variety of different kind of fruits, vegetables and Suriname snacks.
- You will also have a walk through the city where there you will see different kinds of shops. (clothing, souvenirs, jewelries etc.)
- 12.30 hr - Back to the starting point : 't VAT
Type of Activity
Day Trips & Excursions > Day Trips >
Type of Booking
Voucher Option For This Activity
The local operator accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). If you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your e-voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information: Complete operator information including local telephone numbers at your destination,
are included in your Confirmation Voucher.
Product Managers select only the most experienced and relible operators in each destination,
removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind