Situated east of Nieuw-Nickerie are lakes, with Bigi Pan regarded as the biggest one. This lake is home to a number of water-friendly animals, including caymans and an impressive amount of rare birds ... More info ›
Situated east of Nieuw-Nickerie are lakes, with Bigi Pan regarded as the biggest one. This lake is home to a number of water-friendly animals, including caymans and an impressive amount of rare birds. Part of this tour will take you to this lake, where you'll be likely to encounter animals you haven't seen before in their natural habitat. The city of Nieuw-Nickerie will also be included in the tour; you will be visiting many places in the city that make up part of Suriname's long and diverse history and culture. For those looking for something different yet still with a degree of excitement, this tour is the perfect fit.
• 5.00 hr - Departure @ 't VAT (Klein Waterstraat / Kleine Dwarsstraat) - pickup and departure in small airconditioned minivans
• We will make several stops at Groningen and Alkmaar, the guide will tell you the history about these places.
• We continue the journey to the coconut city, Coronie there you will see the historic buildings is this small town.
• When arrived in Nickerie you will visit the market where you can buy some fruits and snacks,
• After the visit of the market you will go to Bigipan, where you can spot several birds, including the Red Ibis.
• We also have a mud bath and relax at the lake.
• In the late afternoon we will return to Paramaribo.