During this tour, you can expect quite the variation in the types of flora and fauna, such as small palm trees and meter-tall trees filled with orchids, but also various animals like colorful birds, snakes, monkeys, frogs and pigs. The greatest treasures of the Brown Mountain are the different natural waterfalls on the mountain, where you can take a shower.
The route from Paramaribo to Brownsberg is approximately 110 kilometers. During the trip we pass through various local villages, where mostly Maroons live. The road to the top of Brownsberg will be climbed with a 4 × 4 pickup. Once we once arrive at the top, we wait for a beautiful view over the lake.
In the evening you will be able to enjoy boat rides, swim, or fish for toekoenari (bass species) and piranhas. If you want to do something a little quieter, you can relax in the hammock. This tour is highly-recommended for nature lovers.
- 8.30 hr - Departure @ 't VAT (Klein Waterstraat / Kleine Dwarsstraat) - pickup and departure in small airconditioned minivans
- 9.30 hr - Arrival at a small restaurant across of Suralco (former Aluminum refinery). There you will have a small snack and some coffee/tea.
- 11.00 hr - 12.00 hr- Arrival at the mountain. You will have a beautiful view of the van Blommenstein Lake and also different kind of animals that are walking around.
- 12.00 hr - Start of the walk to the waterfalls. Along the way you will get some information of the flora & fauna and the different kind of animals that you will spot along the way.
- 15.00 hr - Arrival back at the top of the mountain for some lunch. After lunch you will have time to relax and enjoy the beautiful view around you.
- 16.00 hr. - Departure to Stone Island to the lodges where you can settle in, while the guide will be preparing dinner. There you have time for yourself to fish, swim or just relax in hammock.
- The Next Day:
- 08.00 hr. - The next morning you will have breakfast.
- 10.00 hr - Boat ride on the lake. Depending on the group the boat ride can be 30 min or 1 hour.
- 11.00 hr - Back at the lodge. Preparing for the departure back to T'vat.
- 12.00 hr - 14.00 hr - Lunchtime.
- 14.00 hr - Departure to T'vat.